Think you may have Coronavirus symptoms? Go to 111 online at: https://111.nhs.uk/ or telephone: 111
Need help, advice or support? .
Life-threatening or an emergency?
In a serious or life-threatening emergency, such as loss of consciousness, severe bleeding that can’t be stopped, signs of a stroke, chest pain or major trauma you should always call 999 or visit your nearest Emergency Department.
When the surgery is closed
If you need medical help or advice when the practice is closed, the NHS 111 service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can get in touch online at 111.nhs.uk or by phoning 111 and the team can find the right support for you, including mental health support, out of hours GP services and emergency dental support.
our NHS is here to help you.
Making an appointment
- Townhill Community Surgery currently runs a total triage system. This means that all requests for appointments must be made using eConsult from either the NHS App or from our website www.townhillsurgery.nhs.uk. Alternatively, you can telephone 02380 472 232;
- Each request will be passed to a doctor for assessment. You may find that we treat you by phone, by video link, or we may ask you to come to the surgery;
- Access to the surgery premises will only be if you have been asked to do so and there will be clear arrangements discussed with you as to how we can safely do this. Please do not come to the surgery unless you have been specifically asked to do so.
Attending your appointment
- If you need to have a face to face appointment, you may be asked to attend: Townhill Community Surgery
- You will be asked to come to the main door and make yourself known via the intercom.
- You will then be asked to wait in your car or in an outside area until the clinician calls you in.
- Only one person can attend - unless you have a carer or you are a parent of the child being seen.
- At the appointment you might be asked to wear a mask.
- If you are able to, please submit prescription requests via Consult using either the NHS App or from our website www.townhillsurgery.nhs.uk. You do not need to come to the surgery to register to do this;
How can you help?
- Please be patient – our phone lines are very busy;
- Do you have a condition that you can treat at home? If you do then please try to do this with advice from NHS online or your local pharmacist;
- Do you simply need general advice? Please submit an eConsult.
- Please help the patient coordinator by giving them as much information as possible and answer any questions they may have. This will help us prioritise calls and have the right clinician call you back.
- Have you nominated a pharmacy for the transmission of electronic prescriptions? you can do this on the NHS App or informing the pharmacist, or giving us a call. This will prevent the need for either you or pharmacy staff from coming to the surgery.
- You can e mail the practice at email@example.com
For now, you can contact us in the following ways:
By Telephone 02380 472 232
If you are worried about anything, do get in contact. We have a team of patient coordinators and patient supporters (PALS) ready to take your query - we are all in this together!
Below are explanations and videos to help you understand more about how eConsult and The NHS App can help you.
Consult online with Townhill's doctors. As well as medical advice, you can use eConsult for:
New or repeat medication requests Fit notes | GP letters | Medical reports | Test results
Complete a simple form about your problem or request
Your GPs decide on the best treatment for you
We call you (and in some instances email you) with advice, a prescription or an appointment
START YOUR ONLINE CONSULTATION
Get the NHS App
What can I do with the NHS App?
- Submit an eConsult
- check my symptoms using the health A-Z from the NHS website
- find out what to do when I need help urgently, using NHS 111 online
- book and manage appointments at Townhill Surgery
- order repeat prescriptions to collect from your nominated pharmacy.
- securely view my GP medical record
- register to be an organ donor
- choose how the NHS uses my data
How do I access it?
The NHS App is free to download from the App Store and Google Play.
Where can I get help?
Go to: www.nhs.uk/apphelp
Telephone us: 02380 472 232