- check my symptoms using the health A-Z from the NHS website
- find out what to do when I need help urgently, using NHS 111 online
- book and manage appointments at Townhill Surgery
- order repeat prescriptions for collection at my practice or a pharmacy you have already nominated
- securely view my GP medical record
- register to be an organ donor
- choose how the NHS uses my data
How to book or cancel an appointment
There are several ways to get the medical advice you need.
Consult online with Townhill's doctors. As well as medical advice, you can use eConsult for:
Fit notes | GP letters | Medical reports | Medication reviews | Test results
Complete a simple form about your problem or request
Your GPs decide on the best treatment for you
We call you (and in some instances email you) with advice, a prescription or an appointment
Get the NHS App
What can I do with the NHS App?
I still need to see or talk to someone at the surgery
You can choose to have a telephone OR face to face appointment with one of the Townhill clinical team. ‘What type of appointment do I need’
Who do I need to see?
What type of appointment do I need?
I have an urgent problem that cannot wait
Stay close to a phone - one of the duty team will telephone you. These are 5 minute, same day, one emergency issue only appointments.
My problem is not urgent, I can wait to see or speak with a clinician in the next 48 hours
How can I get an appointment outside of regular surgery hours?
Extended Hours clinics
- Thursdays from 18:30 to 19:00 - A GP and Nurse Practitioner clinic
- Saturday (the first and third Saturday each month) – A Nurse Practitioner and HCA clinic
Ask for an Extended hours appointment
Alternatively, you can be seen at one of the Southampton City Hub
There are 6 hub surgeries across the city which run doctor and nurse services after weekday hours and every weekend
Ask for a Hub appointment
For more information on how to cancel your appointment, please click here.